I’m happy to announce that I was nominated for the Sunshine Bloggers award
by The Trippy Voyager (Check it out, it’s lovely)!
Thank you for the love ❤
I’ve been pouring my heart and soul to this blog over the past two months, and it sure has paid off, since someone finds my blog interesting enough to nominate me.
So again – THANK YOU!
What is Sunshine Blogger Award?
It is an award given by the bloggers to newer bloggers to increase awareness and show our support. With more and more bloggers coming up everyday, this award/challenge makes sure that new, talented and deserving blogs, receive as much recognition and support as possible.
I was given 10 questions by The Trippy Voyager,
and here are my answers!
- Which place is on the number 1 of your bucket list and why?
I DON’T KNOW!!! Maybe visiting Japan or seeing orcas.
I’m known to change my mind quite quickly lol.
But Japan has definitely been my dream destination since I was a manga-loving goth teenager, who wore a “satan slave” T-shirt (why was i like that….)
My style may have changed a “little”,
but love for Japan hasn’t faded.
I also want to see killer whales and dolphins like SUPER BADLY.
I love them and I feel like they are my family.
I don’t want to see them suffering in aquariums. I want to see them in their natural habitat.
I actually wrote something about my Killer whale & Japan-daydreams and on this article.
- How many different cultures have you experienced till now and which one do you love the most?
I think to truly experience a culture you need to stay in one place for more than a few weeks. So here are the countries I’ve lived in:
1.I’ve experienced the awkward, silent yet sometimes welcoming Finnish culture as I’ve lived here most of my life.
2. I had a small glimpse of the cozy and friendly English countryside culture in Somerset (I lived there for a while when I was 19). Even though things went to shit for me, I still loved the “English atmosphere” and will be returning there someday without a doubt. I actually could see myself living there. Somewhere in Bath or Bournemouth. Hmm…some future plans made here!
3. Mystique of Shanghai and China.
People were SO lovely and welcoming and helpful, even if sometimes it was a bit difficult to get a message through because of language barriers…Traveling around the country taught us a bunch of lessons about life and opened our eyes. You can read a little about my China experiences from here, here and here.
4. Craziness of Mallorca, Spain. THIS IS MY LOVE. I LOVE MALLORCA. PERIOD. Mallorca is something I will ALWAYS think of my second home. Always. I’ve experienced my highest of highs and lowest of lows on that island.
And if I had to pick a place where to live – it would DEFINITELY BE Palma de Mallorca. I can’t even write properly because my hands are shaking and my heart is pounding as I’m thinking about my first and biggest love: MALLORCAAA!!!!
5. Boston, USA.
USA was everything I expected it to be, and more. In good and bad.
People are crazy social and it can be a little intimidating at first for a reserved Finn. Even though I’m not the most “typical” Finn there is, the over social culture was a little overwhelming even for me. But I kinda enjoyed it. Because I’m really not a fan of the Finnish cold grumpiness.
- What is your 1 life mantra that you think would be helpful to anyone?
My two mottos are “Think pink and never stop smiling”
& “Don’t talk shit and don’t be an asshole”.
Follow these rules and you’ll be happy
- Have you had any weird animal experiences? If yes, what was it?
A weird animal experience was definitely that one time in Hainan, China,
when I held a king Boa.
Everything went well at first, the snake was chilling on my shoulders and things were fine.
But then, of course, the snake started moving around as it obviously wanted to strangle me or something.
I mean, if I was a snake I’d strangle and eat everyone who touches me.
Well, it started slowly slytherin towards my buttocks area…What a weird feeling that was.
So there I was standing, trying to be cool and chill while I had a huge snake between my legs. Normal day.
- What is the most amazing thing you have seen while travelling?
Oh myyyy…..The Most Amazing thing, eh?
I can’t just pick one. Now that I put my mind to it, there has been two times when I’ve been deeply amazed.
The first time was when I was snorkeling in Miami and I saw the coral reefs, and all the beautiful tropical fish were swimming around me. I had the snorkel in my mouth but I still gasped “wow” out loud and almost drowned lol. But it was kinda like a reflex, it just came out – I couldn’t help it!
The most amazing country I’ve been to is Iceland. Like seriously you guys. It’s a fantasy world and you really should witness it with your own eyes. Behind every corner there was a new magically majestic scenery that leaves you breathless.
- If you ever have to settle outside of your home-country, where would it be?
I’m pretty sure that I’m never gonna have a career in Finland, because I don’t know the right people and I don’t think I would fit in anywhere anymore,
so naturally I’m gonna “have to” settle somewhere abroad.
If I had to pick that place right now, it would be Mallorca.
But who knows what life has planned out for me. Hopefully good things, lol.
- What are your top tips to any new traveler?
Okay my traveler babies, listen to mama.
– Figure out what’s the best way for you to travel: do you enjoy doing more extempore-stuff or do you like having a tight schedule.
– Be smart! Think with your brain – don’t be naive and don’t believe everything handsome strangers are telling you!
– When you arrive to a new place – first just walk around, check out the new surroundings, and breathe in the culture
– Talk to new people, make new contacts
– Enjoy everything you do!
- What kind of a traveler are you?
I like to call myself a “glampacker”. I like all things fancy but don’t mind staying in hostel dorms either.
I’m a little bit of all the traveler-types.
A beautiful mixture of everything with an extra dose of glitter.
- If you had 1000(in your currency), how would you spend it?
If I had 1000 euros,
I’d buy a proper video camera and a new laptop!!!!!!!
Seriously you guys, right now I’m just using my phone, and my laptop is…well, this is just a briefcase pretending to be a laptop
- Why do you like to travel?
Because it keeps me alive.
- Pepper’s Passport Travels
- Zen Life and Travel
- The Wise Explorer
- Emilia on the Road
- Look at her go
- Carry on, or Bust
- Northern Lauren
- Fun Museums
My nominations go to these amazing and inspiring female travel bloggers, whom I’ve started following or collaborating with recently.
I REALLY want to know more about them and their travels,
and I think you should take a look on their stuff too! MY QUESTIONS FOR THESE BLOGGERS ARE:
1. What songs/type of music do you listen to whilst traveling or that which inspires you to travel?
2. What inspired you to start blogging? What are your “blogging goals”?
3. Have you visited some place you then didn’t like/enjoy at all?
4. Do you prefer traveling solo, with a partner or in a group? Why?
5. Have you had any life-changing experiences while traveling?
6. A young girl would like to travel and see the world, but is a bit scared of doing so. How would you encourage her? What advice would you give her?
7. Name something you CAN’T travel without
8. Have you ever lived abroad? Where and for how long?
9. Have you ever had a crush on someone while traveling?
Once nominated, you are all required to write a post where you:
-Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
-Answer the questions set by the person who nominated you
-Nominate other blogs and give them questions to answer
-Notify your nominees through social media or commenting on their blog
-List the “rules” and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post
HAPPY BLOGGING EVERYONE! Hope you accept this award/challenge. Can’t wait to read your answers!
xoxo, Miss Fancypants